The Health Benefits of Green Tea
Although green tea has been around for thousands of years since it originated from China, only in the the last couple of decades has it really taken off in popularity in the West. Now both a popular hot beverage and nutritional supplement, all kinds of praises and health benefits have been linked to green tea – from weight loss to cancer fighting properties to anti-aging benefits.
But just how healthy is this drink? And what are the top advantages of drinking green tea? Read on to discover green tea’s premiere health benefits and the best ways you can drink it:
5 Health & Beauty Green Tea Benefits:
1. It Can Boost the Immune System – Research from Oregon State University found that drinking green tea regularly can boost the number of regulatory T cells which are important for maintaining a strong immune system.
2. Green Tea Can Prevent the Spread of Breast and Prostate Cancers – Recent scientific studies have suggested that the high levels of polyphenols present in green tea can be effective in preventing the spread of breast and prostate cancers.
3. Green Tea Can Promote Healthy Skin – Several studies have indicated that green tea can promote healthy skin thanks to its antioxidants which can help protect the skin against free radicals and sun damage.
4. Green Tea Can Lower Cholesterol Levels – A recent analysis of studies concluded that green tea can significantly lower “bad cholesterol” also known as LDL (low-desnity lipoprotein).
5. Green Tea Can Lower Blood Sugar Levels – New research has shown that green tea may help lower blood sugar levels which could help prevent certain illnesses such as type 2 diabetes from developing.
How to Drink Green Tea
Now that you know all of the great health benefits of green tea you’re probably asking yourself how much green tea should I drink to get these health benefits? Well the truth is there’s no proven amount or formula for reaping these potential health benefits, but it is generally advised that 4-6 cups of green tea daily is good for you.
If you’ve never tried this healthful drink before, green tea has a fairly grassy, mild flavor but it can easily be spiced up by trying a green tea combined with other flavors. Popular green tea flavor combinations include jasmine green tea, blueberry green tea and lemon green tea. What’s more, you don’t even have to drink the tea to gets its health benefits, as you can purchase green tea vitamin supplements from many popular drugstores.
Green Tea and Weight Loss
There has been much speculation over the years on whether green tea is an effective weight loss aid. While there has been some scientific evidence that consuming regular amounts of green tea can help break down fat and speed up the metabolism, other studies have argued that these effects are so insubstantial that it won’t lead to major weight loss.
Moreover, regardless of how effective green tea if for weight loss, it’s important to remember that there’s no quick cure for losing weight and that the combination of a healthy diet and plenty of exercise is usually the best way to achieve long lasting and substantial weight loss.
The Benefits of Drinking Green Tea Daily
There’s no denying that green tea can be a healthful beverage and when drunk daily may be able to prevent multiple illnesses and improve your skin’s appearance. Try drinking green today and see for yourself just what a powerful antioxidant this drink can be. Enjoy!